Coaching for Writers
Coaching isn’t about a particular writing project as much as it’s about YOU, the writer. It’s about teaching you creative, healthy, sustainable ways to respond to the many challenges of the writer’s life.
Here are just some of the reasons why, as a writer, you’ll want Coaching:
You’re a writer who’s not writing because
- Life’s too hectic
- You find yourself procrastinating
- Self-doubt gets in the way
- You don’t have the emotional energy to go there
- You feel guilty when you’re not writing which makes it harder to write
- You feel guilty for writing and not spending that time with your family
- None of your friends “get it”
- A personal life transition is keeping you from being able to focus
- You feel lost, alone, misunderstood
- You’re struggling to stay inspired
- You write in spurts, here and there, can’t seem to get a consistent daily practice going
- You have no idea how to balance your time between writing and everything else . . .
“Dave’s regard for detail is extraordinary. He observed singularities in my writing that I hadn’t noticed myself. In his critique of my work, he examined each line, pulling out parts that needed attention and offering suggestions on how I could think it through and write it better. Dave also gave plenty of kudos for writing well done. It was apparent that he was serious about helping me and my fellow workshoppers become the best writers we could be. Anyone who has the privilege of working with Dave DeGolyer as her mentor or writing coach is very fortunate indeed.”
- Melissa King-Jarvis (novelist, MFA in Writing)
Need help creating a consistent writing practice?
Need someone to hold creative space for you as you figure out what’s next for you as a writer?
Want guidance in setting your creative goals and tools for developing positive habits to keep you moving towards those goals?
We’ll design YOUR coaching sessions around YOUR specific needs.
Our supportive coaching will help you make the changes you want and need to make and we’ll teach you how to stick with them after the coaching is over.
Changing habits (stopping negative habits and forming positive ones) takes time. There’s no quick fix.
That’s why the minimum length of time we’re going to invest in YOU is Six Weeks. We want you to succeed!
Below is our standard “Getting Started” or “Getting Back on Track” program. But remember, we’ll customize a program specific to your needs and the needs of your work.
- 6 weeks of creativity coaching with either Cathy or Dave
- Initial consultation to assess your creative and/or health challenges,
as well as your specific writing intentions and goals.
- One 60-minute Skype or in-person session per week (6 sessions total)
- Weekly email exchange
- Closing written summary of your progress and your intended direction
*bonus option – receive Feedback on up to 5 pages of writing per session at no additional charge
SIX WEEK & THREE MONTH Programs Available
You will COME AWAY from your coaching experience with strategies, tools, and ideas to help you continue to:
- Sculpt time to develop and maintain a consistent writing practice
- Recognize the value in what you do
- Improve focus and sustain concentration
- Spark your creative drive
- Explore new ways to get into a creative flow
- Improve your health and wellness habits to support your creative goals
- Implement the customized action plans (based on your initial assessment)
- Engage more fully in your life!
Of course, if you want to focus on your writing, we’ve got just the thing. Check out our MENTORING services (which is where we help you make the most of your time at the page).
Sign Up for a FREE 20-Minute Consultation to find out which program will help you Live the Writer’s Life you want by CLICKING HERE.